1. Register for PayPal Business Account
2. Setup REST API Keys
- REST API credentials include a client ID and secret. Here's how you generate the credentials:
- Log in to the PayPal Developer Portal using the same credentials you use for PayPal.
- On the My Apps & Credentials page, click Live or Sandbox depending on whether you need an app for testing (Sandbox) or going live (Live).
- Click Create App under REST API apps. Any previously created REST API apps will appear in the table above the Create App button.
- Enter Udo Website in the App Name field, and select a Sandbox business account
- to associate with your app if you are creating a Sandbox (test) key.
Note: Remember that you can't use a Live credit card in Sandbox, and you can't use a test credit card in your Live account.
- Click Create App.
- Your credentials, the client ID and secret, are displayed on the app details page that displays after you click Create App.
- Select the following app features, and once selected, click Save.
- Accept Payments
When you are ready to take your website live, make sure you create a Live app to get live credentials..
Use the Live and Sandbox toggle at the top of the My Apps & Credentials to swtich between app types and view your credentials for each.
Don't share your Live REST API credentials with anyone.
3. Add PayPal REST keys to your Udo Website
- Log in to your Udo Website Admin
- Navigate to the PayPal Gateways section, found under the Cart section
- Open the PayPal Gatway for editing
- Update the name of the gateway to match your Paypal account name (Eg. Udo PayPal Gateway)
- Set the PayPal mode to either Sandbox or Live based on the keys you have generated.
- Input the Client ID and Client Secret you generated in the PayPal Developers website.
- Click Go Live.